Monday, March 29, 2010

Black Hole Asagao


Black Hole Asagao, originally uploaded by Gerris2.

I grew this beautiful Japanese morning glory from a seed mix I purchased from a vendor who lived in Japan, and do not know its true name. I temporarily labeled it "Black Hole" after the astronomical phenomenon since in real life it is much darker than what I could capture in the digital image. Do any of you know what it might be? It has the orthodox leaf shape with no variegation; it has a dark color precisely on the leaf edge. It is intensely blue to the point of being black. I hope to grow it again this summer to increase the seed supply. Have you planned your asagao garden yet? If so, what will you be growing, I am interested.

Joseph



Black Hole JMG leaf with dark picotee

Black Hole 2

Black Hole 3

Black Hole 1

No-ID 3 black holes 1